Thursday, February 18, 2010

About This Site

Simply put, this is a resource for anyone interested in the Presidential Management Fellows program.  I am a current PMF, so I have some information that others have found valuable in the past.  I would like to continue providing help to those who are interested.  Another blog post will deal with what the PMF program IS, for those who don't know, and I will provide a link in the Resources section below.

Here are the kinds of things you will find on this blog:

  • Timely information: Whenever some important PMF date draws near, I will provide relevant and accurate information to help you make sense of it.
  • Data and analysis: Using a variety of tools at my disposal and drawing from publicly available sources, I will provide interesting data visualizations and my opinion on any trends I can see.
  • Source information: Since I am using publicly available information, I will disclose and link to all such data sources.
  • Discussion: I want this blog to be a place where we can all feel free to discuss any aspect of the PMF program, free of outside influence.  To that end, I will seek to preserve reasonable levels of anonymity, both for myself and for my readers.  See below for my expectations for my readers.
What you are allowed (and/or expected to do):
  • Read: You are free to read and explore all of the information on this site. 
  • Share: You are free to share any information on this site, subject to the copyright license indicated in the site footer.  Most, if not all, of the information on this site represents my own original work or work derived from the Public Domain, where Government data resides.  
  • Comment: You are allowed to submit comments for any article that includes a comment box.  While I reserve the right to delete comments that contain derogatory or inflammatory statements, especially toward myself and other readers, or are generally spammy, I will not change the text of comments that otherwise meet my acceptability threshold, regardless of the language they contain.  By submitting comments in the first place, you implicitly agree to these rules.
What you may not do:
  • Harass other readers or instigate flame wars of any kind (unless I happen to find them interesting or they are somehow germane to the conversation at hand; there are limits, however).
  • Attempt to "out" anyone who chooses to be anonymous or pseudonymous on this site (including the site's author).  At times there will be criticisms: of agencies, of the PMF program, or just general observations that the commenter does not want traced back to him or her personally.  I will not divulge any private information (email addresses, namely) to anyone for any reason short of a warrant or other court order.  Attempts to out people in the comments will be considered harassment, and I will deal with the comments (and commenter, if possible) accordingly.
With all that in mind, I sincerely hope this site is helpful.  It represents a good deal of what I was looking for when I discovered the program.  It turns out there are a few places now that have good information, but they aren't always updated.  If there's any kind of information you want to see, do let me know in the comments.

Resources

Bookmark and Share

3 comments:

  1. Love the work you are doing. We are doing a couple cool things for 2011 PMF application process on GovLoop and would love to coordinate.

    Shoot me an email - founder at govloop.com

    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really love this sight.

    Curious if you have any insight into the supposed changes for the 2011-2012 recruitment?

    Thanks for everything you do- this has been a great read preparing me to apply next year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi. As a current PMF finalist I'd love to hear how others found their placements. The PPS is rather lacking these days, and every agency I call says they'r not hiring. How are the rest of you working this out? Enquiry minds want to know.

    ReplyDelete