The data can be retrieved here: http://pmfellow.kodingen.com/scripts/getjson.php
Available fields and descriptions are as follows:
- label: Either an MD5 hashed version of the original finalist name, or, because I didn't have the names available when I imported the data, something like "applicantX" where X is an incremental number.
- type: Currently only finalists are available, but when I get to it, other valid values, for which there are available rows, will be "semifinalists" and "nominees."
- year: The PMF class year. Not every record type is available for every year.
- rank: This is just the database unique record identifier; you don't really need it for anything.
- school: The corrected name of the school the individual PMF attended. By corrected, I mean the standardization I undertook as part of the record cleanup.
- field: Individual's academic field. No effort to standardize or clean these up occurred.
- latlng: The latitude and longitude of the school, as determined by a separate geocoding script. I expect some percentage of error to have occurred here, but see below for error reporting.
Also, feel free to use the data however you see fit. If you have anything you're trying to put together, I would be happy to link to it. Similarly, I would be happy to help if you want data that's not currently there (assuming I have it).